Buffalo, NY (WKBW)- Tuesday, the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation's Board of Directors approved items to help develop Buffalo's Waterfront.
Some of these include:
- Authorizing C&S Companies of Buffalo to begin engineering and constructing historical aligned canals, a $1.7 million dollar project.
- Creating a temporary extension of the Central Wharf, which will provide an additional 400 feet of waterfront access.
- A renewed contract with Buffalo Place to provide special events along the the harbor, drawing in more than 300 events.
- Repairs to the historic Buffalo Lighthouse.
- A Water taxi service will provide transit along the Buffalo River and Inner and Outer Harbors.
According to the ECHDC, the board awarded a contract for $196,500 to the C. Destro Development Co. of Buffalo for construction of a temporary extension to the Central Wharf. For more information visit: www.eriecanalharbor.com