ALBANY, NY (WKBW) - The Department of Labor has launched the New York State Job Bank website in an effort to make it easier for job seekers to search for and find careers.
The labor department is encouraging employers to utilize the free service, which currently posts over 84,000 openings.
Job seekers can post resumes and search for job openings while employers can post positions and search for qualified candidates.
The department's job site includes the following features for job seekers:
- Enables job seekers to search job listings of particular interest
- Alerts seekers to the latest postings as little or as often as designated
- Allows the posting of resumes
- Allows potential employers to view resumes (with permission from the job seeker)
“In this tough job market we need to find every way possible to improve the tools we already have,” said Commissioner Gardner. “We will continue to expand and improve this site because the unemployed deserve nothing less. This site adds more jobs, makes it easier for job seekers to find those jobs, and for businesses to post jobs and find talent.”
The benefits for employers include:
-Enables them to search thousands of resumes of a highly qualified talent pool
- Once registered, job postings already listed on a company's website are automatically added to the job bank
-More company exposure, job postings can be sent to states cross the country through Labor Department partnerships.
For more information, visit the Department of Labor website here.