Customers at the Hamburg Toys R Us React to Arrest

October 17, 2013 Updated Oct 17, 2013 at 7:01 PM EDT

By WKBW Admin

October 17, 2013 Updated Oct 17, 2013 at 7:01 PM EDT

HAMBURG, NY (WKBW) - Just one day after police arrested the man they say murdered his coworker, customers at the Hamburg Toys R Us said they can't help but think about the crime that took place in the store.

Police remained quiet Thursday, not releasing much information as to no jeopardize their case.

Toys R Us released the following statement:

"We are grateful to the Town of Hamburg Police Department and other law enforcement agencies for their diligence and commitment to this investigation. We will continue to fully cooperate with law enforcement officials in seeking justice for Larry, his family, and all who loved him."

The manager of murder victim Larry Wells was arrested by Town of Hamburg Police on Wednesday and charged with Second Degree Murder.

Bernard Grucza, 38, of Elma, was arrested at the home of an acquaintance in Olean in the morning and transferred to Hamburg for questioning.

He immediately asked for a lawyer, according to Hamburg Police Capt. Kevin Trask.

Grucza is a regional manager for Toys R Us and was the boss of murder victim Wells, 35, police said.

Wells was stabbed to death in the office of the Toys R Us store in Hamburg in the morning of Saturday, June 29.

Grainy surveillance video showed a man holding a knife entering the office, police said, but the footage offered very little in identifying a suspect.

"There were several pieces of evidence that started stacking up that led us to him," said Trask, without going into detail.

Police said they were in constant contact with Grucza during the investigation because he was a regional manager with the toy chain.

"Well he was the regional manager so we talked to him on a regular basis about the investigation," said Trask.

A hat worn by the knife-wielding suspect in the video was analyzed for DNA, but no match was found.

The blurry surveillance video was sent to the FBI Headquarters in Quantico, VA, but yielded no help, Trask said.

Grucza was arraigned on Second Degree Murder charges late Wednesday afternoon. He pleaded not guilty.