Restaurant Owner Dies of Suffocation After Being Locked Inside Cooler

June 20, 2012 Updated Jun 20, 2012 at 2:05 PM EDT

...

Restaurant Owner Dies of Suffocation After Being Locked Inside Cooler

June 20, 2012 Updated Jun 20, 2012 at 2:05 PM EDT

According to a news release from the Nashville (Tenn.) Police Department, a 47-year-old Tennessee restaurant owner died  last weekend after suffocating due to carbon dioxide inhalation after being locked inside a cooler at his restaurant.

The cooler contained dry ice due to a power outage, according to the news release.

Read the news release from the Nashville police department HERE.