ABC News: Authorities Have Image of Potential Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect

April 17, 2013 Updated Apr 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM EDT

...

ABC News: Authorities Have Image of Potential Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect

April 17, 2013 Updated Apr 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM EDT

(ABC News) Authorities have a clear picture of a potential suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings and are in the process of identifying that individual, sources told ABC News on Wednesday.

According to the report from ABC News:

ABC News' Boston affiliate WCVB reported surveillance video taken from cameras at Lord & Taylor along the marathon route were key to spotting the individual in question.

Other news organizations recently reported a suspect already had been taken into custody, but both the Boston Police Department and the FBI said no one has been arrested in connection with the bombing.

In the midst of the conflicting reporting, a federal courthouse in Boston was evacuated because of a bomb threat, a source with the U.S. Marshals told ABC News. As of this report, no suspicious devices have been found there.

A pair of blasts erupted Monday afternoon near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing three people and injuring more than 170 others.

Authorities said they have been analyzing thousands of photos of the event and tracking down as many leads since the bombing. Tuesday ABC News reported part of a pressure cooker bomb had been recovered from the scene with wires, shrapnel and a circuit board. A Fagor brand pressure cooker like the one used in the attack can be bought from major retail outlets for around $140. Investigators said there was not enough evidence to determine if the second bomb was also made from a pressure cooker.

Read the ABC News coverage HERE.