6507 Transit Road
East Amherst, New York 14051
East Amherst, New York 14051
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Thursday8:30am - 5:00pm
- Friday9:30am - 3:00pm
- Saturday SundayClosed
- Monday - Thursday9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday9:00am - 3:00pm
Keeping Your Skin Healthy for over 25 YearsWhen it comes to treating your skin, it is important to choose a specialist who knows skin inside and out. The mission of Mary Louise Lenahan, MD is to provide outstanding medical and aesthetic dermatology to people of all ages. We pride ourselves on innovative thinking, constantly striving for advanced education and utilization of the latest technology to achieve the best possible results. With the expertise of Dr. Lenahan, a board certified dermatologist for over 25 years, we are able to provide the full spectrum of medical and cosmetic treatments with the most comprehensive care. Although we are committed to being on the cutting edge, we carefully evaluate every new technology and procedure for safety and efficacy before offering them to our patients. We have developed a team of highly-trained, dedicated health care professionals that work together to provide consistent care throughout the office.
Keeping your skin healthy in today's fast paced world can be challenging. Your genetics, sun exposure, and environmental aggressors can lead to a whole host of skin disorders, some minor and some serious, even life threatening. Whether your problem is a growth, acne, or a rash on your face or body, Dr. Lenahan and staff place a major emphasis on treating your skin. From sophisticated, highly detailed exams to one-on-one consultations, Dr. Lenahan takes a comprehensive approach to the science and medicine involving a particular skin problem and then works to prevent and promptly treat it. She also works to identify risk factors and anticipate future problems, heading them off before they can develop into more serious ailments.
Some of our treatments include:
Acne Melanoma Rosacea Athlete's Foot Melasma Skin Cancer Screenings Child and Adolescent Dermatology Mole Removal Skin Cancer Surgery Eczema Pigment Problems Skin Tag Removal Growth and Cyst Removal Poison Ivy STDs of the Skin Hair Loss Treatments Pre-Cancer Treatments Sun Damage Psoriasis Sweating Disorders HSV and HPV Rashes Wart Removal
The procedures we offer in our office will help rejuvenate your skin and leave it radiant.
Ask us about a cosmetic consultation!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I be wearing sunscreen all the time?
- Yes, wear sunscreen, even during winter.
- How often should I see my dermatologist?
- Every one to two years, especially if the patient has a history of any abnormal lesions.
- What are things to look for that may be worrisome on my skin?
- Any changing moles or spots, rapidly growing or painful lesions, or any non-healing sores.
- Are all skin cancers the same?
- All skin cancers are not the same. Basal Cell Carcinoma is a malignant tumor that is the most benign acting, but can be deforming if not caught early enough. In rare cases, it can be fatal. Squamous Cell Carcinoma is a more serious skin cancer that can metastasize to other organs and eventually be fatal. Malignant Melanoma is a malignant ski tumor that can metastasize and become fatal.
- What kind of conditions do dermatologists treat?
- Dermatologists treat benign and malignant conditions. We also treat diseases like psoriasis and sebhorrhea and remove malignant cancers. We also treat cosmetic issues like sunspots, wrinkles, and excessive hair growth.