Lipsitz & Ponterio, LLC
135 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14202
Buffalo, NY 14202
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday9am - 5pm
- and by appointment
Buffalo Mesothelioma and Asbestos AttorneysAs a leading asbestos law firm in New York State, the attorneys at Lipsitz & Ponterio, LLC, have served clients in communities throughout Buffalo and Western New York who have been affected by asbestos-related diseases and cancers caused by toxic chemicals. Our attorneys regularly represent victims of occupational diseases, including mesothelioma, lung cancer, and other chronic diseases and cancers caused by exposure to toxic substances.
Founding partners, John N. Lipsitz and Michael A. Ponterio, have nearly 50 years of combined experience helping victims of toxic exposure and negligence recover damages from asbestos companies and product manufacturers. At Lipsitz & Ponterio, LLC, our focus is mesothelioma and lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos products. Our attorneys bring third party lawsuits for mesothelioma and lung cancer against the companies that wrongfully failed to warn workers against the hazards of asbestos exposure. Our clients are located throughout the country and have a history of asbestos exposure at New York State job sites, including Airco Speer in Niagara Falls, Ashland Oil Refinery in Tonawanda, Bethlehem Steel in Lackawanna, Durez Plastics in North Tonawanda, GM Central Foundry in Tonawanda, and Rochester Gas & Electric and Kodak Park in Rochester.
Because mesothelioma can be an aggressive cancer, we understand the importance of prosecuting the case as quickly as possible and in a way that does not interfere with our clients' medical treatment. Our firm can handle all aspects of your mesothelioma or lung cancer case, and we will provide you with the personal attention and experienced representation your family deserves. For information regarding our legal services, please click here: www.lipsitzponterio.com
For information regarding mesothelioma and asbestos exposure at job sites throughout New York State, please visit the job site section of our website located here: www.lipsitzponterio.com/JobSites
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, lung cancer or another cancer caused by occupational exposure to toxic substances, please contact us today for a free and confidential case evaluation. Our goal is to obtain well-deserved compensation for our clients as quickly as possible, without sacrificing the quality of our legal services or personal attention. We will handle all aspects of your case efficiently; answer your questions and concerns; keep you informed; and provide you with professional representation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why hire an attorney who concentrates his practice in asbestos cases vs. a general practitioner?
- There are many reasons, but the most important reason is the knowledge an asbestos attorney has concerning mesothelioma. An attorney who regularly represents individuals with an asbestos-related cancer appreciates and understands what his clients are experiencing, including the medical treatment and potential side effects. At Lipsitz & Ponterio, we understand the importance of prosecuting the case as quickly as possible, and in a way that does not interfere with our clients' medical treatment.
Mesothelioma can be an aggressive cancer and time is always of the essence. From a legal standpoint, you need a law firm that understands the process of prosecuting an asbestos case. This involves many aspects, including which companies are responsible for the victim's exposure to asbestos, and the proper way to hold these companies accountable. For instance, Lipsitz & Ponterio currently represents three clients who worked as tradesmen at Kodak and Xerox in Rochester, New York, where they were exposed to asbestos. Our firm has in-depth knowledge concerning these facilities; the asbestos products used at these facilities; and, most importantly, the manufacturers and distributors responsible for these asbestos-containing products. This type of knowledge is gained from the experience of representing individuals with asbestos-related cancers. As attorneys experienced in this area, we do not have to start from scratch.
- What can Lipsitz & Ponterio do for me in my case?
- You have three potential avenues to recovery which include: a lawsuit against responsible companies; the filing of proofs of claim against responsible companies protected by Bankruptcy; and rights under New York State’s Workers’ Compensation Law. If you or a loved one decides to be represented by our firm, your family will deal with a Lipsitz & Ponterio attorney from start to finish. One of our attorneys will meet with you, prepare you for your deposition, be with you during the deposition, appear in court on your behalf, handle all of the moving parts (paperwork involved in prosecuting the case), and, if need be, represent you during trial. We do not refer the substance of your case to other attorneys, as some law firms do.
- What expenses am I responsible for?
- You will not be responsible for expenses incurred by our attorneys for traveling to meet you in your home for the initial interview, unless you decide to retain us to represent you. All expenses incurred during the prosecution of your case, including the costs of travel will be paid for up front by our firm. You do not have to pay any money out of pocket to work with our firm. A retainer agreement with Lipsitz & Ponterio provides that the out of pocket costs incurred by our firm in order to pursue your case will be deducted from the total sum we recover on your behalf. In this way, we advance the necessary costs and expenses, and we are ultimately reimbursed from your recovery.