Our recipe for this famous comfort food keeps the great taste but skimps on the fat by including less than half a cup of cheese. This light spinach souffle is a welcome antidote to boring side dishes!
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square baking
dishwith nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream and eggs 2 to 3 minutes, or until foamy. Add remaining ingredients; mix well and pour into baking
Bake30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares and serve.