Need a star entry for your holiday cookie platter? Add some holiday cookie cheer with our Holly Crackles. They’re bite-sized wreath-shaped cookies that look as good as they taste – and they always disappear in a flash.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 30 large marshmallows (a 10-ounce bag contains 38 to 40)
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons green food color
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups cornflakes cereal
- Red-hot cinnamon candies, for decorating
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- When melted, remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon food color and the vanilla. Add more food color, if desired. Stir in cornflakes.
- Drop mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, onto wax paper. Decorate with candies. Let stand 30 minutes, or until cool.
Makes about 36 cookies.