This novel dessert pizza is so easy to make. Caramel Apple Pizza has all the hallmarks of autumn and is perfect for entertaining, too.
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place cookie dough slices on prepared pan. With lightly floured hands, press dough together. Bake 9 to 11 minutes, or until top is lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until smooth. Spread mixture over crust and arrange apples over top. Drizzle with caramel topping, sprinkle with nuts, and serve.
Makes 10 to 12 slices