ROCHESTER, N.Y. ( 13wham.com) - Four children died in a house fire early Saturday morning in a two-story home at 80 Grape Street.
Firefighters were called to the house around 1:00 a.m for rubbish burning outside.
Fire officials tell the Democrat & Chronicle that all four people who died were on the second floor.
A woman and infant were also rescued from the first floor. Four people were taken to the hospital.
Fire Chief John Caufield told the D&C that firefighters tried gaining entry to the second floor to attempt a rescue, but they had to leave the building because they were enveloped in flames.
Police are also on scene investigating the fire.
This is the first fatal fire in Rochester in more than two years.