BUFFALO, NY ( release ) Mercy Hospital, part of Catholic Health, and the Sisters of Mercy dedicated and blessed the new main hospital lobby and Heritage Corridor, which connects the new Emergency Center with the main lobby. The Heritage Corridor, which will be unveiled for this event, features a 60-foot mural that chronicles the history and milestones of the hospital, founded in 1904 by the Sisters of Mercy.
The Main Lobby project, estimated at $1.8 million, completes Phase II of Catholic Health’s $32 million Mercy Emergency Center Construction Project. The new Emergency Center, housed in a 46,000 square-foot addition to the hospital, opened in May 2010.
In photo, Sister Peggy Gorman, RSM, left, leads the unveiling of the Mercy Heritage Mural with the assistance of longtime Mercy associates Bob Hawks, Angelo Jekov, Bill Duffy and Sue Startek.