GBUAHN MSO LLC (Greater Buffalo United Accountable Healthcare Network)
393 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14202
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday8am - 4pm
- After Hours Call
ADVOCATES FOR WELLNESSThe Greater Buffalo United Accountable Healthcare Network (GBUAHN) was incorporated in 2009 as an Independent Physician Association (IPA). Many Medicaid beneficiaries suffer from multiple or severe chronic conditions and could potentially benefit from better coordination and management of the health and long-term services they receive, often in a costly disjointed and fragmented manner. The GBUAHN has adopted a strategy to achieve a more effective and efficient way to coordinate services to Medicaid participants. GBUAHN is a Lead Health Home with over 140 physician members located in Buffalo, Erie and other Western New York counties.
The GBUAHN is designed to be a person-centered system of care that facilitates access to and coordination of the full array of primary and acute physical health services, behavioral health care, and long-term community-based services and supports. Our Health Home model of service delivery expands on the traditional medical home models by building additional linkages and enhancing coordination and integration of medical and behavioral health care to meet the needs of people with multiple chronic illnesses. We emphasize comprehensive care in one setting, and we have the technology to diagnose a wide variety of medical conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does GBUAHN stand for?
- Greater Buffalo United Accountable Healthcare Network
- What is “Health Home”
- First, it is not a building. A Health Home is a group of health and community agencies that have agreed to work together to help people with many health issues get what they need to keep them healthier and safer in the community. Each person who joins gets a “care manager”. A care manager will work closely with him/her to get the services he/she needs in his/her community. This service is being paid for through New York State Medicaid.
- What are some of the services offered Through GBUAHN
- General Adult Medicine, Urgent Care, Women’s Healthcare, Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, Geriatric Care, Dermatology, Imaging Center, Laboratory Services, Minor Surgery, Electrocardiograms & Holter Monitoring, DEXA Scanning, Pulmonary Function Testing, Computerized Electronic medical Records, Walk-In Services (with extended office hours and 24-hour coverage).
- Are there any other services offered?
- Yes some of them are as follows: Cardiology, General Surgery, Minor Surgery, Nephrology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics (coming soon), Podiatry, Pulmonology (coming soon)
- What must a patient have to be eligible for Health Home Services?
- FIRST A PATIENT MUST BE A MEDICAID/MANAGED CARE, MEDICAID/MEDICARE, MEDICAD FEE FOR SERVICE PATIENTS ONLY And have:
2 chronic illnesses (ex: Diabetes, Asthma, Heart Disease, Mental Illness, Obesity)
1 chronic illness that may lead to a second chronic illness
1 serious mental health condition