Date(s) & Time(s)::
December 1, 2012
Location: St. Casimirs Auditorium 1833 Clinton St. Buffalo NY Near 190, 1/2 mile east of Bailey
St. Casimirs "Raise The Roof" Andrzejki –St. Andrews Day Party
Saturday, December 1, 2012
Kitchen and Beer and DJ "Red and White: 4pm
"THOSE IDIOTS" Rock n Roll Polka Band: 8pm
St. Casimirs Auditorium 1833 Clinton St. Buffalo NY
Near 190, 1/2 mile east of Bailey
St. Andrews Day is Celebrated throughout Europe, in Poland it is a Major Holiday Celebrated as "Andrzejki" pronounced "On-dray-ki"
St. Andrew is the Saint of Mystics, traditional games are played in Poland "fortune telling" a girls future husband to be.
St. Andrews Day is also celebrated as a Harvest Festival, traditionally the final and last day of the harvest season, and the final day of party's leading up to the Catholic Holiday period known as "Advent". This time is used in preparation for the coming of Christ.
All Proceeds Benefit:
St. Casimirs Church Preservation and Restoration fund is in need of
• Roof and Specialty Roof tile work
• Steel Framed Windows are leaking and in need of repair
• Built by Rev. Antoni Majewski completed 1924, to keep up with increasing Polish population
• Building is a magnificent example of Neo-Byzantine cathedral style, something that WNYer had yet to see.
• Much of the plans and detail were the work of Fr. Majewski, that were developed following his visitations to Istanbul and his native Plock Poland.
• The church was dedicated in 1929 and now holds a "historic" status.
• In 1976 the archbishop of Krakow, Poland - later Pope John Paul II - celebrated mass in the church
FOOD and ENTERTAINMENT:
Catering by "Aunt Lillies Polish Dishes"
Featuring: Pierogi, Kapusta, Kielbasa, Polish Pizza…YUMMY!!!!
$5 before 7pm
$10 after 7, includes ticket for beer