Two Buffalo Firefighters Suffer Heat Exhaustion

September 27, 2013 Updated Jul 6, 2010 at 6:29 PM EDT

By John Borsa

...
September 27, 2013 Updated Jul 6, 2010 at 6:29 PM EDT

BUFFALO, NY (WKBW) -- Two Buffalo firefighters were hospitalized late Tuesday afternoon after they complained of overheating while battling a vacant house fire.

The firefighters were rushed to Erie County Medical Center with minor injuries, officials said.

The fire at 23 Lansdale Place in the Genesee/Bailey neighborhood is suspicious with damage estimated at $5,000, said Battalion Chief Michael Biasillo.

Two other firefighters were taken to the hospital with minor injuries after they fell on stairs.