Niagara Falls, N.Y. (WKBW release) -- The Niagara Tourism and Convention Corp. on Wednesday announced that Skylar Storey, a seventh-grade student at St. Dominic Savio Middle School, and Sarina Singh, a first-grade student at Lewiston-Porter, were the winners of a holiday art contest sponsored by the NTCC in partnership with the Niagara Holiday Market, the Giacomo Hotel, the Sheraton at the Falls and the Aquarium of Niagara.
Honorable mention winners, who will receive four tickets to the Aquarium of Niagara, two tickets to the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra and a package of Niagara Falls school supplies are as follows: Serenity Zadul, Gaskill Preparatory School, Allison Hubert, Gaskill Preparatory School and Mary Cameron, St. Dominic Savio Middle School.
The contest, which was aimed at engaging local students and their families in the landmarks and winter happenings taking place across Niagara USA garnered approximately 70 entries from schools across Niagara and Erie Counties and even as far away as Ohio.
“It was not an easy contest to judge, as each of these students certainly devoted much time and interest into their pieces of art,” John Percy, President and CEO of the NTCC, said in a news release “I could not have been more proud of these students and am pleased to announce that all of the artwork will be placed on display in the Niagara USA Official Visitor Center through the New Year.”
The NTCC has teamed up with a host of local partners to provide Storey, Singh and their families with with an overnight stay at a premier downtown Niagara Falls Hotel, along with the following:
• Four Tickets to the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, a Visit with St.Nick. The concert begins at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Conference Center Niagara Falls (Old Falls Street, Niagara Falls, NY 14303) Tickets included.
• Following the concert there will be a meet and greet with Santa Claus, which will include cookie decorating. This event will begin promptly at 3:45 at Claus & Company near the ice skating rink.
• Four passes to the Aquarium of Niagara (701 Whirlpool St., Niagara Falls, NY 14301) Voucher included.
• Four ice skating passes for the Blue Cross Blue Shield Rink at the Niagara Holiday Market (Old Falls Street, Niagara Falls, NY 14303) Voucher to be redeemed at the ice skating rink included.
• Four vouchers for hot chocolate at the DiCamillo’s Bakery booth at the Niagara Holiday Market, located near the ice skating rink. Voucher to be redeemed at point of sale, included.
While, the two students may have beaten out approximately 70 other local school students, Holiday Market Organizer Mark Rivers, of Brix & Co. has decided to spread a bit of holiday cheer and will provide each of the participants in the contest with two tickets to the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, A Visit with St. Nick concert.
“The holidays are about families and special memories together and, the Niagara Holiday Market is a great place to celebrate. From ice skating to unique shopping and eats, please come down and share in the spirit of community,” said Mark Rivers, organizer of the Niagara Holiday Market. “Each of these children are deserving of a reward for their art work and I saw it only fitting to provide them with tickets to the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Concert and hopefully take in the family fun that is available at the Holiday Market.”