Buffalo, N.Y. (WKBW release) -- The Buffalo Urban League on Thursday announced its 2011-2012 Board of Directors.
Members of the Urban League Board will provide policy and oversight for the organization. Included in its many services, the Buffalo Urban League provides family preservation and support services, housing, business loans and technical assistance, youth services, scholarships, employment, training, senior services, adoption and foster care.
Stephen W. Bell, partner and director of public affairs at Eric Mower and Associates, will serve as Board Chair.
Bell joins 25 other local business and non-profit leaders on the Urban League board. Executive Committee members include:
• Vice Chair, Lavera M. Johnson, Human Resources Director, ElderWood Senior Care
• Vice Chair, James W. Pitts, President and CEO, J.W. Pitts Planning & Development LLC,
• Vice Chair, Kathleen Rizzo Young, Senior Vice President of Community Development, HSBC Bank USA
• Treasurer, Michael W. Reville, Assistant Vice President, Chief Regulatory Counsel of National Fuel
• Secretary, Yvonne S. Minor-Ragan, President, Westminster Community Charter School
• James F. Dentinger, President, McGuire Development Company; immediate past Board Chair.
Additional board members include:
• Divitta M. Alexander, Legal Counsel, Land Environment & Energy Group at Phillips Lytle LLP
• Antoinette Amos, Director, Bethel Head Start Inc.
• Hon. Rosalie S. Bailey, Erie County Family Court Judge
• Ross M. Cellino, Jr., Esq., Partner & Trial Attorney, Cellino & Barnes
• Andrew W. Dorn, Jr., President, Hunterview, LLC
• Steve Finch, Plant Manager, GM Powertrain
• Wesley Hicks, Jr., MD, Professor, Department of Head &
Neck/Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Director, Head and Neck Surgical Fellowship Program Roswell Park Cancer Institute
• Robert P. Holliday, Vice President & General Manager, AT&T Mobility-Upstate
• Edward Johnson, Vice President of Financial Affairs, D’Youville College
• Reverend Dr. James A. Lewis III, Pastor, Miracle Missions Full Gospel Church
• Gerry Matos
• Susie Pieri, Director of Catering and Event Services, Hyatt Regency Buffalo
• Pamela S. Schaller, Esq., Attorney, Law Offices of Laurie G. Ogden
• John F. Somers, President, Harmac Medical Products, Inc.
• Satish K. Tripathi, Ph.D., President, University of Buffalo
• Jennifer L. Washington, President & CEO, J.L. James Enterprises, Corp.
• Bradford R. Watts, Community Relations Specialist, People Inc.
• Kristine M. Wydro, Director of Human Resources, Tops Markets LLC
Buffalo Urban League President and CEO Brenda W. McDuffie will continue to fulfill her role as a non-voting member of the Board.