Business First has assembled eight new databases that contain the latest salary and pension figures for 55,432 educators in the eight counties of Western New York.
Some of these statistics have previously been posted on Business First's Web site, but most are being published for the first time. All of this material has been reformatted to allow for quicker and easier searches.
• Public school employees making $100,000 or more [546 listings]
• Public school employees making $75,000 to $99,999 [4,663 listings]
• Public school employees making $50,000 to $74,999 [10,118 listings]
• Public school employees making $25,000 to $49,999 [12,977 listings]
• Public school employees making $1 to $24,999 [15,978 listings]
• Charter school employees [919 listings]
• BOCES employees [6,699 listings]
• Public school retirees with pensions of $50,000 or more [3,532 listings]
Follow this link to easily access the information: http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2010/06/07/daily5.html?surround=lfn
This information was obtained from SeeThrough New York, a comprehensive Web site that specializes in facts and figures about state and local government, which in turn received it through a freedom-of-information request filed with the New York State Teachers Retirement System.