CHEEKTOWAGA, NY (WKBW) -- A small ammonia leak at Allied Frozen Storage on Broadway in Cheektowaga sent two employees to ECMC Tuesday morning.
Officials say two men were doing maintenance on a coolant line when 75 pounds of Anhydrous Ammonia leaked out and spilled on the two workers.
Both were taken to ECMC and treated for respiratory problems, and one of the workers suffered minor burns.
Thirty employees were evacuated as cleanup crews wearing hazmat suits cleaned and ventilated the spill.
Fire officials are crediting the company's quick response for keeping a bad situation from becoming worse.